Sophie Photo - "School"
Sophie has started attending preschool three mornings a week. So far, her favorite things about school are "playing with kids" and eating a snack. Last week Sophie celebrated "Guanacaste Day" with her classmates (though she refused to wear her traditional Costa Rican costume) and she's already been invited to a birthday party. There has been some adjustment; some days if you ask Sophie what she did at school she says, "I cried a little bit." But she's mostly being very brave about her first time spent away from home without Mom or Dad. And we're eagerly anticipating the day she comes home with her first Spanish words. (Yep, the instruction is in Spanish.) We're very proud of our little preschooler.

Sophie with her teacher on the first day of school

Sophie's first piece of refrigerator art!
Sophie with her teacher on the first day of school
Sophie's first piece of refrigerator art!


4 Comments:
At 3:42 PM,
Anonymous said…
Get ready for more crafts and then the painful decisions of what to do with them once they have been admired for an appropriate amount of time. When you figure it out fill me in because I have an entire tote full from Jacob's year!
Jessica
At 8:53 PM,
Michael, Jessica, Jacob & Olivia Catanzaro said…
I would like to know what Sophie's teacher's name is. The teacher in the picture.
Love,
Jacob
P.S. I love you Sophie and I love your craft.
(Jacob wanted to send his own message)
At 2:14 AM,
Anonymous said…
I'm sure there's a bit of adjustment on Mommy and Daddy's side as well... I hope Sophie learns to enjoy her mornings "en escuela con los ninos y ninas". We really do enjoy your little pictures.
Love,
Michael, Leilani, Liam and Quinn
At 3:45 PM,
Jason, Amy, Sophie, and Matthew said…
Dear Jacob,
Sophie wishes to thank you for your kind words regarding her artwork and for your declarations of love! And Sophie's teacher's name is Miss Vivi.
Post a Comment
<< Home