Tico Tales - Flashback to Summer Fun
Occasional Tales from our Life in Costa Rica
The truth is we really don't have "summer" here in Costa Rica. There's the dry season (December to June) and the wet, soggy, drenched, flooded, "I can't believe it's still raining" season (all other months).
So, having friends from the US come visit us during their summer vacations helps to keep us grounded in those great summertime traditions, like ice cream, road trips, and kickin' it poolside with cool drinks.
In July, we welcomed back the Catanzaro Family - repeat offenders as we like to call them since they have spent part of their summer break with us here in Costa Rica two years in a row. We had a great time exploring colonial ruins, trekking out to Arenal volcano, floating down jungle rivers, and ziplining our way across the rainforest. I wonder what the Catanzaros are going to do next summer?

The "repeat offenders" - Olivia, Mike, Jacob, and Jessica
Our friends Debbie and Brad also came down to Central America to get away from it all for a few weeks. While we weren't able to join them for all of their adventures - they even made it to the famous Osa Peninsula - we did spend a couple days together in San Jose. Debbie even shared with us a recipe for her new favorite drink - the Guaro Sour. I won't go into all the details about this excellent Tico concotion, but let's just say it's a little like lime-flavored moonshine. Cheers!

Brad and Deb at Casa Orlando
The truth is we really don't have "summer" here in Costa Rica. There's the dry season (December to June) and the wet, soggy, drenched, flooded, "I can't believe it's still raining" season (all other months).
So, having friends from the US come visit us during their summer vacations helps to keep us grounded in those great summertime traditions, like ice cream, road trips, and kickin' it poolside with cool drinks.
In July, we welcomed back the Catanzaro Family - repeat offenders as we like to call them since they have spent part of their summer break with us here in Costa Rica two years in a row. We had a great time exploring colonial ruins, trekking out to Arenal volcano, floating down jungle rivers, and ziplining our way across the rainforest. I wonder what the Catanzaros are going to do next summer?

The "repeat offenders" - Olivia, Mike, Jacob, and Jessica
Our friends Debbie and Brad also came down to Central America to get away from it all for a few weeks. While we weren't able to join them for all of their adventures - they even made it to the famous Osa Peninsula - we did spend a couple days together in San Jose. Debbie even shared with us a recipe for her new favorite drink - the Guaro Sour. I won't go into all the details about this excellent Tico concotion, but let's just say it's a little like lime-flavored moonshine. Cheers!

Brad and Deb at Casa Orlando


1 Comments:
At 7:12 AM,
Michael, Jessica, Jacob & Olivia Catanzaro said…
Oh the Guaro, I can taste it now. Sadly I can't since it's only 6:00 AM! The Catanzaros just may hit the Orlando casa next summer, who knows??? I guess we should wait until we are invited! :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home